Is your refrigerator ready for winter? This may seem like an odd question, refrigerators keep food cold and winter is freezing so what would you need to do to get your refrigerator ready for winter? Believe it or not, refrigerators get cold to. Refrigeration systems that are kept outdoors or in unheated areas such as garage or basement fridges can be offset by the cold weather and cause your refrigerator to maintain undesired temperatures. However, there is an easy fix a refrigerator garage kit!
Now is the time to prepare for the cold weather ahead. In addition to cleaning the gutters and caulking and sealing openings around windows and doors, here are some often-overlooked Fall maintenance tasks.
- Change the direction of your ceiling fan to create an upward draft that moves the warm air near the ceiling and distributes it around the room.
- Clean your humidifier before using it (and regularly, throughout the season) to prevent bacteria from being misted out into the air.
- Drain the fuel from gas-operated equipment such as lawn mowers, weed trimmers and chain saws.
- Check and test snow blowers to make sure they are ready for use.
- Flush/drain your water heater tank to remove sediment and minerals that can settle on the bottom and cause rust.
- Change the batteries out on smoke and carbon monoxide detectors throughout your home. Make sure you have enough of these detectors throughout your home, including the basement especially if you have gas appliances.
- Clean the dryer vents.
- Check the hoses on your washer. Replace any leaking, cracked or bubbling washer hoses.
- Clean your refrigerator’s condenser coils using a condenser coil cleaning brush.
- Change or clean your range hood filter or over the range microwave oven filter.
Follow these tips to freshen up your home while you are stuck inside this winter.
Clean your carpets
Use the many hours you spend inside to clean your rugs. If you do not own a carpet cleaner or steam cleaning vacuum, most hardware and grocery stores have carpet cleaners for rent.
You can also make your own dry carpet cleaner at home using a number of items you probably already have in your kitchen pantry. This Continue reading
When winter hits and the temperature drops, make sure the refrigerator in your garage keeps working by installing a Garage Refrigerator Heater Kit.
Your refrigerator only creates cold air when it needs to maintain a consistent temperature inside your refrigerator. During the winter, when outside temperatures drop below 40 degrees Fahrenheit, your refrigerator senses this and stops producing the cold air that keeps your items cool and your freezer items frozen.
A garage refrigerator heater kit provides enough heat to trick the thermostat into running the compressor. More cold air is then produced keeping items in your freezer frozen and your food safe.
Made by Electrolux, this kit can be used in many top-mount (meaning freezer on top) refrigerator models made by Frigidaire and Kenmore. Installation instructions are included along with the part.
Purchase a Garage Refrigerator Kit at www.pcappliancerepair.com before temperatures drop.