Most people use their stoves and/or ovens at least once a day. Because they face so much use, it is important to maintain them properly. A lot of issues that arise with your gas range that seem bad can actually be fixed fairly easily on your own. Keep reading to see some common problems and their respective solutions! Continue reading
Ovens and cook-tops have become a necessary part of the home. They tend to last a long time, even when used daily, but they can be very expensive to replace when the time comes. So before you replace your electric range, check these common symptoms and solutions to see if you can get more time out of it! Continue reading
Are you an avid microwave user? This is an extremely common appliance, and can be a very handy cooking tool. However, many people do not know that there are some elements of using a microwave that can be tricky, and some important things to keep in mind when making food in one. Continue reading to see some tips on using your microwave! Continue reading
This time of year, it is more important than ever to have adequate heating in your home. That means you definitely want stoves, furnaces, and all heating sources to be working properly! If you are experiencing issues with your furnace, continue reading to see some of the most common problems and how to fix them yourself. Continue reading
For most households, with another round of Holidays comes an excessive amount of food. To keep organized, now is the time to clean out the fridge! Emptying and organizing now will save you the confusion of not knowing what items are from when, and it will make space in there for all the new Holiday goodies! Here are some tips on how to effectively clean your fridge.
- Empty out all of the food from the refrigerator. Go through it and dispose of anything that is expired or will be expired before anyone gets a chance to use it. Check those expiration dates!
- Wipe down any spills or spots from the surfaces inside the unit with a hot rag.
- Remove the drawers and removable shelves, and wash them in the sink as you would dirty dishes. Be sure to dry everything thoroughly before putting them all back in. You can use dish soap or a baking soda solution to clean surfaces.
- When you put the food back in the (nice and clean) fridge, organize it! An organized fridge can save tons of time throughout the day. Try putting things that will expire sooner toward the front, so you know to use them first. Also, make use of the various drawers and shelves in your fridge- everything should have its proper place by the time you are done.
- Remove any magnets/pictures on the outside of the unit and wipe the front, sides, and top down with a damp cloth.
Project complete! With these tips, you can be assured that your fridge is clean, that your food will stay safe and fresh, and that there is plenty of new space for the onslaught of Holiday food!
Visit PCAppliancerepair.com to find the parts that work for your needs.
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter for more appliance repair help, new product news, and more.
Visit http://www.pcappliancerepair.com and enter your e-mail address in the subscribe box on the side.
If you have any questions, please feel free to leave a comment below!
Have you ever wondered if there was a way to store your cups in a cabinet? Well the answer is that there is no right way. It is based on personal preference. Sure there are pros and cons of doing one way or the other, but overall, it is was fits your household the most.
Opening the door and realizing that there is nothing to eat is the worst, but opening it up and seeing so much that it’s not even worth digging through can be even worse. Keeping the refrigerator clean is much more important than many would realize. So how about some tips to keep it clean and organized so those moments don’t happen as often as they do.
Since cooler weather will be upon us soon, it’s time to think of the areas to clean, other than the obvious areas. For instance, when walking a basement, is there ever a scent of mustiness? That means there is mold or mildew lingering around. This isn’t something that should go unnoticed. Mold and mildew can have minor health impacts. Below is how to find, and get rid of mold and mildew.
Garages are made to store items, like cars or tools. But, sometimes garages get a little too cluttered and need to get cleaned out. And, if there’s a plethora of junk in there, it can be a little overwhelming. For your benefit, here’s some tips on how to clean your garage! Continue reading
We all know that horror, when you see a flashing code on your appliance. It’s an error code and it means something is wrong. But, it’s a number and a letter and you have no idea what it means. So, in order to fix this problem, here is all about appliance error codes. Continue reading