The garbage disposal is an amazing kitchen tool. It takes care of tons of food items and keeps you from having to keep scraps in the garbage, where they could smell up the house. Although garbage disposals are mainly self-cleaning, they should be given a bit of extra care a few times a year. Keep reading for some easy ways to keep your disposal in top shape and odor free! Continue reading
Many people depend on the ease and convenience that an ice maker allows, as opposed to the tedious use of ice cube trays. But what if your ice maker stops working?? Check out these common problems and their simple solutions, and hopefully you can have your ice maker up and running in no time! Continue reading
Having a humidifier in the home can have a ton of benefits. It can improve skin and hair health, reduce respiratory symptoms, and increase the longevity of your home’s wood floors and furniture. Particularly in the drier times of year, many people have one constantly running. As with any appliance, things can stop working and cause you unwanted stress. Keep reading to see how to fix a few common issues yourself! Continue reading
Freezers are essential for preservation, storage, and ice creation. However, this seemingly fool proof appliance actually has a few tricks to it. A lot of people make small mistakes when using the freezer, and these small mistakes add up and affect your food. Read these tips on preventing common mistakes so you can avoid them in your own freezer! Continue reading
The dishwasher keeps you from having to hand-wash all those dishes that pile up throughout the day, which is a huge time saver. But what if your dishwasher is suddenly not working correctly? Before stressing out, try checking these common problems and see if you can make some small adjustments to fix it yourself! Continue reading
When your refrigerator starts acting wacky, it can become a chore to figure out the cause of the problem. Before the assumption of a new refrigerator comes into mind, there are a few factors to take into consideration.
Are you an avid microwave user? This is an extremely common appliance, and can be a very handy cooking tool. However, many people do not know that there are some elements of using a microwave that can be tricky, and some important things to keep in mind when making food in one. Continue reading to see some tips on using your microwave! Continue reading
This time of year, it is more important than ever to have adequate heating in your home. That means you definitely want stoves, furnaces, and all heating sources to be working properly! If you are experiencing issues with your furnace, continue reading to see some of the most common problems and how to fix them yourself. Continue reading
For most households, with another round of Holidays comes an excessive amount of food. To keep organized, now is the time to clean out the fridge! Emptying and organizing now will save you the confusion of not knowing what items are from when, and it will make space in there for all the new Holiday goodies! Here are some tips on how to effectively clean your fridge.
- Empty out all of the food from the refrigerator. Go through it and dispose of anything that is expired or will be expired before anyone gets a chance to use it. Check those expiration dates!
- Wipe down any spills or spots from the surfaces inside the unit with a hot rag.
- Remove the drawers and removable shelves, and wash them in the sink as you would dirty dishes. Be sure to dry everything thoroughly before putting them all back in. You can use dish soap or a baking soda solution to clean surfaces.
- When you put the food back in the (nice and clean) fridge, organize it! An organized fridge can save tons of time throughout the day. Try putting things that will expire sooner toward the front, so you know to use them first. Also, make use of the various drawers and shelves in your fridge- everything should have its proper place by the time you are done.
- Remove any magnets/pictures on the outside of the unit and wipe the front, sides, and top down with a damp cloth.
Project complete! With these tips, you can be assured that your fridge is clean, that your food will stay safe and fresh, and that there is plenty of new space for the onslaught of Holiday food!
Visit PCAppliancerepair.com to find the parts that work for your needs.
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter for more appliance repair help, new product news, and more.
Visit http://www.pcappliancerepair.com and enter your e-mail address in the subscribe box on the side.
If you have any questions, please feel free to leave a comment below!
While humidifiers can help soothe dry noses and throats a dirty humidifier can actually make you sick.