Freezers are essential for preservation, storage, and ice creation. However, this seemingly fool proof appliance actually has a few tricks to it. A lot of people make small mistakes when using the freezer, and these small mistakes add up and affect your food. Read these tips on preventing common mistakes so you can avoid them in your own freezer! Continue reading
For most households, with another round of Holidays comes an excessive amount of food. To keep organized, now is the time to clean out the fridge! Emptying and organizing now will save you the confusion of not knowing what items are from when, and it will make space in there for all the new Holiday goodies! Here are some tips on how to effectively clean your fridge.
- Empty out all of the food from the refrigerator. Go through it and dispose of anything that is expired or will be expired before anyone gets a chance to use it. Check those expiration dates!
- Wipe down any spills or spots from the surfaces inside the unit with a hot rag.
- Remove the drawers and removable shelves, and wash them in the sink as you would dirty dishes. Be sure to dry everything thoroughly before putting them all back in. You can use dish soap or a baking soda solution to clean surfaces.
- When you put the food back in the (nice and clean) fridge, organize it! An organized fridge can save tons of time throughout the day. Try putting things that will expire sooner toward the front, so you know to use them first. Also, make use of the various drawers and shelves in your fridge- everything should have its proper place by the time you are done.
- Remove any magnets/pictures on the outside of the unit and wipe the front, sides, and top down with a damp cloth.
Project complete! With these tips, you can be assured that your fridge is clean, that your food will stay safe and fresh, and that there is plenty of new space for the onslaught of Holiday food!
Visit PCAppliancerepair.com to find the parts that work for your needs.
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter for more appliance repair help, new product news, and more.
Visit http://www.pcappliancerepair.com and enter your e-mail address in the subscribe box on the side.
If you have any questions, please feel free to leave a comment below!
One of the worst things about smelly appliance is many people don’t know where to look or how to even clean to get the smell to disperse. One of the smelliest appliances that can create a foul smell is the dishwasher. The dishwasher has constant food, water and other materials sitting or cycling through it weekly, so there may come a point where it starts to smell. Read below on where to look when it comes to the smells in the dishwasher.
The Summer season is over and it’s time to begin the cleaning process before the fall weather comes. There are a few items to clean that can help with Summer preparation and the colder seasons that will be arriving shortly. Read below for a few items that can be cleaned and prepared for the future seasons to come.
Opening the door and realizing that there is nothing to eat is the worst, but opening it up and seeing so much that it’s not even worth digging through can be even worse. Keeping the refrigerator clean is much more important than many would realize. So how about some tips to keep it clean and organized so those moments don’t happen as often as they do.