How to test an appliance part for continuity

testinganappliancepartWhen fixing a broken appliance, it’s sometimes not always obvious if the part is faulty. Sometimes a visual inspection will tell you if a part needs replacing, like a corroded bake element, or a broken dryer belt.  However, for some parts like a switch, fuse or  electrical component, you will need to test the part using a test meter (also called a multimeter or a volt-ohm meter) in order to check it for continuity.

WARNING: Before attempting to work on any appliance, make sure that all power (electricity) and utilities (water and gas) have been turned off and/or disconnected on the appliance. Read more

Continuity is an electrical term that means that electricity can pass through the component without Continue reading