Has your fridge not been able to produce ice or dispense water? You might have to test your refrigerator water inlet valve. We have listed the steps to walk you through a quick step-by-step process on how to test your water valve.
WARNING: Before starting any repair on your appliance, always make sure that it is completely disconnected from its power source by unplugging it.
- Disconnect unit from the power source
- Disconnect the water supply line (be sure to have a towel or bucket handy for any excess water spills)
- Remove back panel of the refrigerator
- Locate water valve
- Disconnect fill line and wire harnesses from the water valve
- Push down on tabs to remove water hoses
- Take your multimeter and set to lowest Ohms. If you have an analog meter, touch probes to zero out.
- Touch one probe to each terminal ( should read between 200-500)
- Reassemble parts and back panel
- Reconnect power source
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter for more appliance repair help, new product news and more. Visit http://www.pcappliancerepair.com and enter your e-mail address in the subscribe box on the side. If you have any questions, please feel free to leave a comment below!