Your dishwasher is probably the second most used appliance in your home, next to your refrigerator. If you aren’t taking proper care of your dishwasher, it won’t last for as long as it’s supposed to. We’ve compiled a list of places to clean and precautions to take in order to sustain the life of your unit:
- Use the right detergent. Check your manual to see which kinds of detergents are safe to use with your unit.
- Don’t overload it. Overloading prevents dishes from being cleaned thoroughly.
- Clean out the filter regularly. The filter is located underneath the lower dish rack; you will need to slide the rack out so that you can access it. Unscrew the filter and then wipe out all the accumulated food particles with a damp cloth.
- Remove food that is stuck to dishes and silverware before loading them. If food sits for too long it will harden, making it difficult for your dishwasher to remove it.
- Make sure all dishes are dishwasher safe.
- Run your garbage disposal before each dish washing cycle. This will clear out the pipes and allow for your dishwasher to drain much quicker at the end of the cycle.
Remember our tips next time you are doing dishes, so that your dishwasher can live a long happy life! Don’t forget to share this post with friends and be sure to follow our blog for more helpful tips. Be sure to visit our website for all your appliance parts needs.