Keeping a clean refrigerator is important to keeping fresh food and efficiency. Your fridge is one of your most used appliances and needs to be taken care of in order for it to last the approximate 13 years that it should. We have some tips to help you get started in caring for your unit:
- Throw out anything that has spoiled.
- Store leftovers in airtight containers only.
- Wipe off containers and jars before storing inside.
- Remove residue from the outside of the doors: For stainless steel refrigerators, spray the outside of the doors with Affresh Stainless Steel Cleaner and then wipe off with a soft cloth. This solution is good at removing food smudges and fingerprints. For all other types of units, wipe down with mild dish soap and a dampened cloth.
- Keep the door seals/gaskets clean by wiping them off with hot water and mild dish soap whenever you feel is necessary. This will help in removing crumbs and stickiness from spills.
- Remove the shelves inside your unit and wash in dish soap at least once a season to eliminate strong odors and any food that has spilled.