Keeping cool and being efficient at the same time is possible. In less than ten minutes and with a few changes, you could set up your air conditioning unit to produce cool air and save you money. Follow our guide below for best results. Change your air filter frequently to prevent lingering bacteria from being released into the air again.
- Keep area around AC clear and clean so it doesn’t have to work harder to travel around or through these objects to cool your home.
- If you can shade the area where your AC unit is, we recommend it. Your unit will not have to work as hard in the shade as compared to when it is in the sun.
- Avoid setting the thermostat too low. Raising the temperature by just a few degrees won’t affect the heat that much and will save a lot on energy bills.
- Avoid using ovens during the hottest part of the day. The oven will increase the temperature in the house causing the air conditioner to run longer.
- Make sure the vents aren’t blocked. If the air can’t come through, the rooms will stay warm and you are potentially causing damage to the AC unit.
- Use a ceiling fan to circulate the air around the house. This will let you raise the thermostat a few degrees and the air conditioner will not run as often as before, which saves energy.
- Keep your AC unit away from other large electronic devices. Those devices give off heat and the AC unit might confuse that for the temperature in the room, resulting in it running for longer than needed.
Hopefully these tips will help your air conditioner to run a lot better than before. Please share this post with any friends and be sure to follow the blog for more! Please leave a comment with any questions, and be sure to visit our website for any of your appliance parts needs.