Before you head out in your car or boat for the weekend, make sure your have Rescue Tape in your trunk or toolkit and keep a few rolls in your home as well.
Rescue Tape is a self-fusing silicone tape that can create a permanent airtight, watertight seal in seconds. This multi-purpose repair tape is great for emergency hose repairs and can waterproof electrical connections and terminals.
Rescue Tape has 950 psi tensile strength, insulates 8,000 volts per layer and can withstand 500-degree Fahrenheit heat and remain flexible to minus 85 degrees Fahrenheit. It’s a better solution than traditional electrical or duct tape, because it never gets sticky or leaves behind a sticky residue; it just sticks to itself. And since it’s so versatile, it makes a great addition to your emergency preparedness kit. It can even be used in first-aid situations to stop bleeding.
- Emergency plumbing repairs – fix a leak under a kitchen sink
- Seal a vacuum hose
- Fix a small puncture in a garden hose
- Wrap up a squirting washing machine hose
- Wrap around your hunting bow grip for vibration reduction and non-slip grip
- Warp around tools for extra grip
- Use on sailboats as rigging tape for turnbuckles and spreader boot covers
- Wrap silicone tape on wire or wooden hangers to prevent clothes from slipping off onto the floor
- Use in first aid to stop bleeding by wrapping around injury on fingers, arms or legs
To use, simply wrap, stretch and overlap the tape around whatever you want to seal. Stretch at least double to ensure a good bond; for high pressure leaks stretch to maximum amount. The tighter Rescue Tape is wrapped, the quicker and stronger the bond. Rescue Tape works on either side.
Visit PCApplianceRepair.com to purchase Rescue Tape.